INTEGRITY, TENACITY, SERVICE
As Parent/Carer, I will:
• Support my child’s learning in its widest sense and in line with the stated aims, policies and
procedures of the School.
• Ensure that my child attends punctually and regularly and any absence is accompanied by a note
explaining the nature and length of absence on return to School.
• Avoid taking my child out of school during term time.
• Ensure my child adheres to guidelines for behaviour, school dress and equipment.
• Support my child in homework and other opportunities for learning out of School.
• Encourage my child to be involved in extra-curricular activities.
• Attend parents’ evenings and discussions about my child’s progress.
• Ensure that all school documents are returned promptly and inform the School of any problems
that might affect my child’s work or conduct.
• Become involved in the life of the school and help improve it, if possible.
The School will:
• Offer support and care for your child’s welfare and happiness throughout your child’s time at the
School, ensuring their safety and wellbeing in all respects. This includes a strong commitment not
to tolerate bullying of any kind.
• Offer opportunities for your child to become a confident and valued member of our community.
• Provide a broad and balanced curriculum with a high standard of teaching and the expectation
that all students should achieve results in line with their abilities.
• Sustain high expectations for punctuality, attendance, work and conduct with continuing Form
Tutor support and guidance.
• Set, assess and moderate homework regularly.
• Provide opportunities for teachers to comment on and discuss your child’s progress.
• Inform you of any serious concerns which affect your child’s work or conduct.
• Advise on ways of supporting your child’s progress and provide assistance from the Enhanced
Learning Faculty, should your child require additional support.
• Offer opportunities for students to participate in extra-curricular activities, including lunchtime
clubs, after-school activities and educational visits.
Investigate any complaints thoroughly and fairly.